If your child turns 5, before 1 May, they can start primary school at the start of the year.
Your child must be at school by their 6th birthday.
Visit the school enrolment section on the department’s website for more information.
Mid-year intake from 2024
From 2024, there will be a mid-year intake into school.
From 2024, if your child turns 5 years between 1 May and 31 October, they can start school in either:
- term 3 of the same year
- or term 1 the following year.
Students enrolled through a mid-year intake will complete 6 terms of reception.
Apply to enrol
Step 1: Complete the enrolment form and return to the school front office.
Step 2: A member of our leadership team will meet with you to partake in a school tour and discuss your child’s needs.
You’ll need to provide:
- a copy of the child’s original birth certificate or passport
- an immunisation certificate
- residency visa, if you’re a non-Australian resident
- proof of address (for example utility bill or lease agreement).
We support all students to have a smooth transition to school and will work with families to arrange visits to their new classroom.